Monday, November 12, 2007

NYLA 2007 Last Day

Well, I finally made it to the last day of the conference. Of course, the first session I wanted to attend was at 8 am. It was Community Reads--Making Community Connections. My board has been thinking of doing this. I brought home lots of material on how other libraries managed their community reads. I then looked over the Poster Session. More info on community reads. I also picked up some material on the 3 Apples Award. We are working on this again this year. I went to the session on For Adults Only: Programming Tips and Tricks. Not much new but did get a list of helpful links. Then it was off to the Farewell Luncheon. The speaker was David Goldsmith who is a business forecaster. What will libraries be like in the future? He was very interesting. I wasn't able to stay for the whole speech so maybe someone else can fill me in.

Final thoughts -- I always learn something new. I came away feeling enthused, refreshed and inspired. I am ready to take on some new challenges and feel that I am better equipped to handle some old frustrations. Would I go to NYLA again? You bet.

No comments: